3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

This is a local brewery but I see that they distribute to Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Florida.  I was out for dinner tonight and saw a tap handle for this beer.  Night Cat Hoppy Dark Wheat Beer.  Very nice beer.  It had a bit of a thin consistency but a nice dark color and really nice hop flavor and aroma to it.  It says it's 43 IBUs and 5.8% and it says it has Citra hops in it although Citra did not immediately jump out at me.  Has anyone out there sampled this beer?  I could see it being just 2-row, wheat and maybe 2-3 ounces of Midnight Wheat along with a clean bittering hop and then enough Citra added in the last 15 minutes (15, 10, 5, 1 or something) to get to 40ish IBUs.  Really nice beer if you have the chance to try it.

#2 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Ducked into World of Beers this afternoon for a couple pints on R&D and saw it . The names interesting. Didn't try it tho.

#3 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

https://www.twobroth...view/night-cat/

They say it's light in body. How dark was it?

I haven't had it but will look for it next time I'm down there. They make a lot of nice beers. I really like the Domaine DuPage.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54185 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

https://www.twobroth...view/night-cat/They say it's light in body. How dark was it? I haven't had it but will look for it next time I'm down there. They make a lot of nice beers. I really like the Domaine DuPage.

2-3 ounces of midnight wheat in 5 gallons in an otherwise pale grist... that's how I would describe it. I was noodling with a recipe last night and put 2.5 ounces of midnight wheat in there along with 5 lbs of pale ale malt and 5 lbs of wheat. Yes, the consistency was a little thin which may be why I liked it. Not heavy at all but the hop presense was nice. I have 3 ounces of Citra on me at the moment (no seriously, they're in the front left pocket of my jeans! :D) but two of those are earmarked for my Moon Man clone so I would have to make Night Cat by bittering with Magnum or something else and then mix Citra with something else, which is totally possible. I'm going to try to make something similar.

Edited by KenLenard, 10 February 2014 - 06:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users